STUDENT POSTER CONTEST RULES
- Current full-time undergraduate and graduate students of any APRU member university are invited to submit a poster for the 2018 APRU Global Health Program annual conference, hosted by University of Malaya from October 28-30, 2018.
- You must submit the final poster, not an abstract of the poster.
- Post-doctoral students are not eligible. However, medical students are eligible to apply as graduate students.
- The poster must be related to global health.
- Collaborative poster presentations are acceptable; however, the student must be the first author. Please indicate if the poster is being submitted by more than one student.
- Only one submission per student (as first author).
- ALL eligible student poster submissions will be automatically “accepted” for the conference. They will be displayed either in print or virtually.
- Students must choose between entering the poster for the Student Poster Contest OR through the regular abstract submission portal to be considered for the general abstract review process.
- We encourage you to attend the workshop and the award ceremony. However, to be eligible, students do not need to attend the conference. We encourage you to send your poster with someone else who is going (a friend, faculty mentor, etc.) if you cannot attend. But this is not required. Please indicate if someone will be taking your poster to the conference.
- A prize of $100 US will be awarded for the best undergraduate and best graduate posters (one in each category). Second and third place will also be selected but no cash prize will be offered. For first place winners, you must be present at the conference to receive the prize, or send someone to pick it up for you.
- The poster should measure a maximum of .75 meters wide by 1 meter tall.
- You must submit a copy of the final poster through our online poster submission process. Please submit a PDF file of your posted with a resolution of 300 dpi. Note: the file must be 5MB or less.
- Your submission must be received by June 15, 2018 at 11:59pm Pacific time.
- By submitting, you agree to have your poster included in our conference program and on the APRU website.
The poster must include the following:
- Names of author(s) and affiliated organization(s)
- Background Information
- Project Objectives
- Materials and Methods
- Results (tables, graphs, charts)
Our international Advisory Group from different APRU universities will judge the posters.
The Judging Criteria are as follows:
- Originality & Relevance – to what extent does the work presented add to the existing body of knowledge? Is it relevant to global health?
- Purpose – is the purpose clearly stated and is its importance discussed?
- Methods – are the methods and analyses sound?
- Conclusions – do the conclusions follow from the results presented?
- Presentation – is the poster clear and well-executed?
Winners will be notified by July 15, 2018.
For all questions concerning the Student Poster Competition, please contact Dr. Mellissa Withers at email@example.com.