University: Fudan University
School/Department: Public Health/Preventive Medicine
Position: Associate Professor
Health topics of expertise: Tobacco control
Geographical focus: China
Service Activities: Smoking cessation intervention; Tobacco control media campaign planning
Recent related Consultancy/Grants/Collaborations:
- Smoking rationalizing beliefs among Chinese smokersFunding source：Chinese National Natural Science Funding (71203033)
Amount: 35,000 US Dollars
- Smoke free home policies in ShanghaiDuration :08/01/2012-07/30/2013
Funding source：National Institute of Health/ National Cancer Institute (5U01CA154282-02, Sub funding)
Amount: 17,000 US Dollars
- Marketing strategy of premium cigarettes in ChinaDuration:05/01/2013-09/30/2013
Funding source: Think Tank Research center for Health Development
Amount: 8,000 US Dollars
Recent related publications:
- Zheng P, Kegler MC, Berg CJ, Fu W, Wang J, Zhou X, Liu D, Fu H.Correlates of smoke-free home policies in Shanghai, China.Biomed Res Int. 2014; doi: 10.1155/2014/249534
- Wang F, Zheng P(corresponding author), Freeman B, Chapman S. Chinese tobacco companies’ social media marketing strategies. Tob Control. 2014 Jun 4. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2014-051714.
- Gao J, Nehl EJ, Fu H, Jia Y, Liu X, Zheng P(corresponding author) Workplace social capital and smoking among Chinese male employees: a multi-level, cross-sectional study. Prev Med. 2013;57(6):831-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ypmed.
Dr Pinpin Zhen,is an associate professor and MA student supervisor in the School of Public Health of Fudan University who has been conducting tobacco control research for more than ten years. She has presided over 10 programs on tobacco control including programs funded by WHO, China Medical Board (CMB), Chinese National Natural Science Funding and the Bloomberg Initiative Grants, the Shanghai Health Bureau and Thinktank. In 2012, she and her team won the 3rd reward of Shanghai governmental decision research for their contribution to the smoke-free World Expo. She has published 60 papers in peer reviewed journals including 20 in SCI international journals.