University: National Taiwan University
School/Department: College of Public Health/Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene
Degrees: Doctor of Science
Health topics of expertise: PM2.5; Air pollution in Thailand and Mongolia; Epidemiological study on industrial pollution; Global health research, and Occupational health studies.
Geographical focus: Taiwan, Asia-Pacific Rim Countries, and European Union
- Chairman, Taiwan Chapter of Society for Risk Analysis, since 2009;
- President of Society for Risk Analysis in Taiwan, since2008;
- Councilor of International Society of Exposure Analysis (ISEA), since 2008-2011;
- Chair, International Society of Exposure Science-East Asia Chapter (ISES-Asia), since 2011;
- Chair-Elected, International Society of Environmental Epidemiology-Asia Chapter (ISEE-Asia), 2014.
Recent related Consultancy/Grants/Collaborations:
- European Study of Cohorts for Air Pollution Effects. National Science Council, Taiwan, NSC97-2923-I002-001-MY4, 2008/06/01-2013/08/31;
- Health Impact Assessment of Air Pollution in Ulaanbaatar City, Mongolia. National Science Council, Taiwan, NSC99-2923-B002-009-MY3, 2010/08/01-2013/07/31;
- Air pollution and health among residents near a petrochemical complex in Yunlin County：a cohort study. Environmental Protection Bureau, Yunlin County, Taiwan, 2009/07/20-2014/12/31.
Recent related publications:
- Lee JH, Wu CF, Hoek G, de Hoogh K, Beelen R, Brunekreef B, Chan CC*. Land use regression models for estimating individual NOx and NO2 exposures in a metropolis with a high density of traffic roads and population. Science of the Total Environment 2014;472:1163-1171.
- Chen SY, Chan CC*, Lin YL, Hwang JS, Su TC*. Fine particulate matter results in hemodynamic changes in subjects with blunted nocturnal blood pressure dipping. Environmental Research 2014;131:1-5.
- Lin RT , Chien LC, Chen YM, Chan CC*. Governance matters: an ecological association between governance and child mortality. International Health 2014;6:249-257.
- Associate Dean, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, since 2011
- Director of Global Health Center in Taiwan College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, since 2011
- Director of Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, 1999-2005
- Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei City, Taiwan. Professor in Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene, since 1996
- Over 150 scientific papers on health, environment and labor issues have been published in SCI journals
- Air Pollution Health Outcomes and Chemical Complex Related, over 400 Cited