The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) Global Health Program aims to leverage the global health education and research of Asia-Pacific universities to address global health issues through interaction with public policy and media. Learn more »
The APRU Global Conference is a significant occasion that brings together those dedicated to global health from across the globe. This year, the conference will focus on the theme, Universal Healthcare across the Life Course, and defines it in the global health practice, research, and theory. The theme reflects not only the inter-dependence of the whole society but also health equity throughout the life course within and among countries.
To ensure all people have access to needed promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services, Universal Health Coverage (UHC) across the life course is a critical component to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages in.
We invite global health professionals and their partners from all relevant sectors to embrace the agenda on UHC across the life course and further explore how global health contributes to:
- Ensure health equity throughout the life course, within and among countries
- Enhance collaboration between the health sector and other social sectors for sustainable health and wellbeing
- Design and implement effective and fair patient-focused integrated care such as promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services, and palliative care
- Strengthen health in all policy approaches to reduce the burden of disease, both communicable and non-communicable, and ensure the sustainability of the health system as well as the security system
- Build effective, accountable and inclusive governance at all levels that ensure population health and well-being
The Conference will be an invaluable opportunity for those working in the field of global health to share and exchange knowledge and build networks. We look forward to welcoming global health experts and scholars around the globe to attend the conference.
Click HERE to see conference program.
APRU Global Health Program Report 2020
Click here to view full report.
Last June, a webinar was organised by the bioethics group of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities’ (APRU) Global Health Program. The working research group looks into the issues of privacy, informed consent and confidentially with the use of contact-tracing apps. Read full news feature here.
APRU Global Health hosted webinars that paved way for open discussion and collaboration in the international context. For the full news feature, please click this link
Click HERE to read full report.
Sign up for the quarterly APRU Global Health Program newsletter.
Under “APRU Interest Areas,” be sure to select “Partnering on Solutions” and under activities you wish to be informed about, select “Global Health Program.”
(may take a few seconds to load)